So I turn thirty in a week or so, and have been reflecting on what that means. Being far away from friends and family will be hard for this birthday, but to deal I've decided to try my hand at some "poetry" if you will. Here's what I've come up with so far:
Steph's 1st Grader Poetry:
T--Terrific tales
H--Happy heroes
I--Incredible inventions
R--Randy riddles
T--True thoughts
Y--Yummy yields
Verbal Interpretive 30/29 Number Dance
Hello 30; Bye Bye 29
Good morning 30; Good night 29
Mmmm, hmmm 30 (head shake up and down); Uh, uh 29(head shake side to side)
Would you like a cup of 30? Yes, this cup of 29 just tastes overdone.
Can I try some of your 30? All my 29 is out.
Deep Thoughts by Steph Whall
29 is so fine, but 30 is 29's hot older sister.
That's all I got so far, I'll write more later. Oh, 30...you're just so different from 29. Any ideas for new poems I can write?
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, if only I could be 30 again!
ReplyDeleteYour mother
You'll always be thirty to me! Didn't you have me at 30 years old? Another reason why 30 is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to the best daughter (and the nicest, kindest, strongest, best looking - it goes on and on).
ReplyDeleteIt just occurred to me that you are now living the real Stephanie Talk Show, and we get to see it 3000 miles away through your posts and Skype. Far out.
Have a great year in Castex. love, dad